Who is behind SBI
We are a team of 45 employees who are enthusiastic about leading-edge technology in plasma welding. DO IT PLASMA! has been our guiding principle for innovation and market leadership in our technology segment for 20 years. We develop plasma welding equipment from electronics & software to chassis in-house and can therefore optimally exploit all the strengths of this technology for our products and applications.
In 2019, the corporate structure of SBI GmbH was fundamentally strengthened and the core business focused on plasma welding solutions and plasma-based additive manufacturing. Inocon Technologie GmbH is the majority owner alongside with voestalpine Böhler Welding Group GmbH and Michael Kitzmantel.
As a consequence, SBI GmbH is backed by solid owners and a team with experience, competence and a valuable network in the fields of automation, welding technology, plasma technology, process technology and materials technology. the spirit of tomorrow.
What we stand for
- We stand for stable, innovative high-tech leadership, speed, efficiency, reliability and global implementation
- We and our customers are supported by SBI's "out-of-the-box" solution competence for single and series production.
- We see our mission in overcoming boundaries and creating something new.
- We stand and live innovation - the spirit of tomorrow!
- We stand for innovative and fast solutions to complex tasks in the areas of welding technology, devices and special welding systems as well as solutions and systems for industrial additive manufacturing. Our core competencies always revolve around the plasma welding process - DoItPlasma!
- We are a reliable partner due to our in-house core competencies in all mechatronic technology areas and can look back on applications that have been tried and tested over many years - both in series products and in customized individual systems!
- We supply high-tech products and services in order to guarantee our customers a competitive edge and can fall back on a wide range of references.
The history of the high-tech company SBI GmbH
SBI was founded 20 years ago with the idea of stretching out its feelers as a solution provider for innovative products and efficient production systems. Since then, the company has purposefully developed into a global company that is now known in a wide variety of markets as a welding technology expert and additive manufacturing pioneer. From the founding idea to today, the spirit of tomorrow can be felt at SBI.
In addition to a large number of standard devices and innovative welding accessories, the SBI product range now also includes individual special solutions for different high-tech applications. Especially in additive manufacturing, SBI was able to secure a worldwide TOP placement for its M3DP technology in recent years.
Since the start of the company, the great strengths of SBI have been service orientation, curiosity, courage and creative innovation - we develop SOLUTIONS BY INNOVATION for and with our customers in our teams.
After intense years of development we introduced our two Additive Manufacturing machines M3DP Industrial Line and M3DP Slim Line to our customers.
Strengthening of competences due to new shareholder structure by Inocon GmbH, voestalpine Böhler Welding Group GmbH and DI Michael Kitzmantel. Business focus on Plasma welding, Plasma Automated Systems and Plasma Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing
Expansion of business into Plasma Wire Additive Manufacturing, an emerging market for SBI. Our technology was built for high-end products and customers in the field of aeronautics and space. From the beginning the vision and goal was to serve industry and production with a solid manufacturing system and offer a flexible AM Tool to universities and research groups.
Introduction of SWD, the seam welding system for easy to implement automation. This product was shaped for hard use and being comfortable in maintainance and operation.
Market introduction of PMI 350-TL and PMI 500-TL, our Plasma Multi Inverter Systems featuring an easy to use touch display for full control of the welding process. Our PMI series was developed as a very flexible system with a wide range of applications.
new generation of plasma inverters, our PMI 50 was born. Plasma Multi Inverters will grow into a strong family of welding products that are loved for its stable and reproducible plasma welding results, its easy-to-use concept and its high-end technology.
Plasma Adaptor Box - this tool was our first step into beyond state of the art technology and solving very strong market demands lacking a good solution - the solution of tomorrow!
Realizing the dreams of three visionary engineers, the foundation of SBI Produktion technischer Anlagen GmbH & Co. KG was set.